Sunday, March 25, 2012

Losing Weight is a b**** (what were you thinking?? I was thinking 'blast'. sheesh)


I'd like to say all of my weight gain was from being pregnant ... but to be honest, it all started when Kyle and I started dating.  I went on a cruise with some friends and it all went down hill from there!  

Here's my problem:

I love love LOVE food.
And I absolutely HATE, I mean really detest, working out.

I think my negative thoughts of working out go back to P.E. in Jr. High ... running around the gym to the music of Grease in Mrs. Scott's class.  Not fun memories for me.  OH!  And the "fun" run!  What the heck was fun about it?!

Any who, I've really packed on the weight.  I am SO sick of it!  
I've gone through phases .. I'd work out really well for maybe 3 weeks and then get frustrated and quit.  Nothing was really working for me.
UNTIL...
my sister-in-law started doing to the Weight Watchers Online Program.  I decided to join her in hopes that it would do something for me.  Anything!
I really stayed strict with my points and watched my weight drop.  Seriously.  It dropped so fast, I couldn't believe it!  (I wasn't even working out!)

*they're not paying me to say this by the way*

Looking back I couldn't believe how horribly I ate.  I ate anything, anytime, anywhere.  I ate a lot.  My portions were HUGE.  I realized I was always trying to eat as much as Kyle (which is weird, maybe it was a woman power thing).  My portion sizes are so much more controlled now and I'm not as hungry as I use to be. 
 I started in January and and today I reached one of my big goals!
I've lost 20 pounds!  wohoo!  But I still have a ways to go.  

Bring it on.




9 comments:

  1. The fun run! I still blame the fun run for my hatred of running and/or for my passive aggressive nature. I always walked the fun run. Always.
    Anyway, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same hatred of running because of Mrs. Scott....I too walked the fun run just to spite her. I also LOVE Weight Watchers(once lost 75 lbs doing it) but my love of food has caused me to gain it all back. COngrats on the 20 lbs that is freaking awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you took me back...blast from the past!! Mrs Scott...fun run....I hated those things too. haha. way to go on the weight loss!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets not forget the song..."Hey Mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind. Hey Mickey! Hey Mickey!" But I didn't mind running around the gym. In my opinion, it was better than being stuck inside a boring old classroom. Ha! Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go natalie...keep up the great work. Maybe I should try that. Sounds like its a Success so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HIGHlY recommend it! It's honestly the only thing that has worked for me.

      Delete
  6. Go Nat! I'm super proud of you! I just got a SUPER CHEAP gym pass to Planet Fitness--you should come with me! That way I might go! Haha I can't believe how out of shape I am but I would LOVE a partner! It's $10 a month, no contract. Pretty please!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!!! Way to go Natalie!!!

    ReplyDelete